Before beginning your journey with C++, you should know all about what it is, i.e. short History of C++.
- Code::Blocks compiler for C++ (View Lesson#2);
- You also know C++ basics which are described in detail in Lesson#3 and Lesson#4;
After the intro, now starting with code::blocks, which is shown step-by-step,
1. Click on “Create a new project”
2. The following dialogue will appear, click on “Console application”, after which the Go option will be enabled, Click on Go,
3. Now, select C++ and click Next,
4. Check the “Skip this page next time” option and click Next,
5. This window prompts for the title of your program, which is for me “Demo” as its just an intro, you can name it anything you want and click on Next,
6. Now select the new GCC Compiler, and click on Finish,
7. The code::blocks already contains a template program.
8. How to Build and Run the programs you write?
In Snapshot 1 a toolbar is provided for Building the program and Snapshot 2 shows the menubar tab named “Build” which is a drop-down menu will includes many different options and all those which are provided in Snapshot 1 toolbar;
Snapshot 1: Snapshot 2: